Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Even With the Meds. . .

Okay, meds might be the closest thing I have to a deity right now, but they are not a deity and they don't solve all my problems. I still think they are working, but yesterday I was just high on "so this is how other people go through life? REALLY??!" and everything seemed a little magic. HOWEVER, last night and today have reminded me I still have to work really hard. Having the neurochemical ability does not simply fix the problem. NOPE! I have to work now. And I am ready. I am not happy with my day thus far, but I am going to change that. I am going to journal and not allow myself to freak out about homework or exams. I am going to work hard, but I am not going to let the overwhelmingness of it all lead me into ED hell. I am going to eat a good dinner at 8 and NOT blame myself for eating too much. I am going to do yoga and go swimming and not hate myself for not burning enough calories. The behavior work is doable, the emotional work I am more afraid of.

No comments: