Monday, October 29, 2007

One Month

For the first time in almost ten years, I have gone an entire month without using ANY ED behaviors. I have had good days and days where I had to fight and claw and struggle with Ed. But they were all successes. I am proud and merry-go-sorry all at the same time. I am proud that I have come so far. I am disappointed that I wasted so much of my life, HALF OF IT, dating Ed. I am pleased and peaceful because I have gained such a great perspective on the world. I am amazed because I will NEVER take for granted some of the things every body else does and I will NEVER take for granted just how wonderful life can be, how wonderful I can make it.

I now am in a position where I can really appreciate the relationship I have with Dr. H, K, B, P. . .

There's no point in saying I won't every struggle again, or that I am fully recoverED, but I am well on my way. And even in the rough times, I am willing. Very willing, to do whatever it takes. I am sure now, recovery is possible.

1 comment:

pr said...

I am very proud of you!