Sunday, December 2, 2007

You cannot always see

Recall that I had an orthopedist say "you don't look like you have an ED." And now that I have been doing well, I can see how my health has improved. Ways that didn't seem unhealthy until my body had time to adjust to healthy behavior. Most notably, I had always assumed I had these periods that were (a) short and (b) free of any PMS symptoms. Ha! Those where indicative of the fact that my body wasn't getting nearly enough nutrition. I do have cramps and my periods are about four days, not two. I still hate them, but that's because they are so inconvenient.

Here's my point: People don't look like they have EDs. Health effects aren't always obvious. Hell, I had two blood tests that both came back normal. EDs are dangerous, mentally and physically.

No comments: